GOV Polis Recent Orders
- April 1 – No fools, statewide schools remote learning extended to 4/30.
- March 25 – Statewide Stay-at-Home order for 3/26 – 4/ 11 (Public Health Order 20-24). Read Gov Polis Do’s and Don’ts List (Instagram).
- March 25 – JeffCo Public Health Stay-at-Home order (rescinded)
- March 22 – reduced: Non-critical in-person work force by 50%
- March 20: Restaurants can sell beer/alcohol to go or delivery
- March 19 – Closed: salons, massage, tattoo & elective surgeries thru 4/30
- March 18 – Closed: ALL Colorado schools thru 4/17, Bars, restaurants, theaters, gyms, casinos.
- March 14 – Closed: Ski resorts.
- March 5 – First two COVID-19 illnesses reported in Colorado.
- Declaration history: Governor Polis declares State of Emergency March 10th, 2020 due to COVID-19; National Emergency declared March 13th, City of Golden Emergency Declaration March 18th. Stay informed & healthy!
Need Medical Help?
Primary symptoms COVID-19 (per CDC): Fever (may be mild), Cough, Shortness of Breath. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. *Now with Coronavirus Self-Checker tool.
When to call 911? (Read if you feel unwell or believe you have COVID-19). If non-urgent, consider calling/emailing CDPHE before visiting a health center. For general questions Call: 303.389.1687 or 877.462.2911 (Eng., Spa., Mand.). Email: COHELP@RMPDC.org.
CDPHE: Isolation & Quarantine – What do they mean & how do you do it?
SPECIAL NOTICE: Colorado Health Care Insurance Enrollment period re-opened and extended through April 30
How to get tested for COVID-19 (new site)
As of Friday 3/20 State no longer has Metro Denver drive-up testing, states: “DO NOT go to an emergency room to get a test for COVID-19 unless you are having a medical emergency.”
Need Food or Other Assistance?
- FOOD: Suddenly in need of food assistance in Golden? (BGoldN initiative). Please email BGoldNcity@gmail.com or call 720-432-5048 with your name, phone number and address.
- (Update 4/3/20) FOOD: JeffCo Public Schools “Grab n Go” meal locations text list (includes many Colorado schools)
- FOOD: Chalkbeat Google Maps version of Greater Denver school meal locations (chalkbeat.org)
- FOOD: Golden Area food resources (PDF, City of Golden)
- FOOD: Golden Backpack Program (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Christian Action Guild Food Pantry (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Calvary Church Food Shelf (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Hunger Free Colorado Food Hotline (call 855-855-4626)
- FOOD: Colorado School Emergency Food resources (State Dept of Education)
- (new) Rent: If you need help, a new April list of rent resources (Denverite)
- Child Care – Emergency Assistance (CO state collaborative)
- Workforce/Layoffs (JeffCo Public Health resources)
- Energy Bills payment assistance (Xcel Energy)
- Bar & Restaurant worker support (USBG Foundation)
- How to File for Unemployment (CO Dept of Labor)
- Colorado Special Health Care Insurance Enrollment! (Mar 20 -April 3rd)
- JeffCo Public Health Resource links (employment, food, housing & more!)
- CDPHE Resources (CO Dept of Public Health and Environment)
- Colorado Case count – (CDPHE, list and map)
- How to get Tested for COVID-19 (CDPHE) (new 3/18, still mostly blank)
- CDC Guidance for Households (Centers for Disease Control)
- How to Prepare yourself for Coronavirus (nytimes.com)
- Common Coronavirus Myths & What is Social Distancing? (nytimes.com)
- Information for Travelers (US State Dept)
- Jefferson County Public Health Resources (includes an FAQ at bottom)
- CDC Guidances on Public Events & Large Gatherings (new statewide stay-at-home issued 3/26)
- City Of Golden official COVID-19 Updates (Includes City-related closures and important updates on City services, restaurants open for Takeout)
- Golden Police Department: Report Non-Emergency Situations. (Always call 9-1-1 for all emergencies)
- Colorado Sun COVID up-to-date coverage (CO sun is a local news org)
- COVID-19 Disease Fact Sheet: City of Golden / JeffCo Public health
- JeffCo Public Schools: Latest Announcements
- Golden Community Center Statement (PDF, March 11th)
- JeffCo Health Partner & Business Resource links (JeffCo)
- COVID-19 FAQ (Colorado Public Radio News)
- New York Times Coronavirus coverage (Free access)
- U.S. infections & Map (CDC)
- Colorado Cases Infection Update (document from CDPHE)
- JeffCo School Closings and updates (Rep. Perlmutter’s office)
- U.S. State Dept Travel Advisory update
Ways to Help & Stay Healthy
- Golden’s COVID-19 Community Response Fund (hosted by Golden Civic Foundation – donate, volunteer, apply for a grant)
- Golden Restaurants Takeout Takeover (visitgolden.com)
- Manage Anxiety and Isolation during Stay-at-Home (ADAA)
- How to wash your hands video (nytimes.com) *Bonus: Ellen Degeneres demonstrates hand washing based on W.H.O. hand hygiene guide (pdf)
- State Volunteer Response (Official State of Colorado Page)
- Golden Backpack Program Food Drive (with Calvary Church)
- Colorado School Emergency Food resources (State Dept of Education)
- Small Business Administration low-interest pandemic loan assistance
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health – Stress & anxiety are normal, it’s okay to reach out for assistance.
- Senior Resource Center (SRC)
- Donate Blood (Vitalant reports significant shortages)
- Mental Health Colorado – Statement on staying healthy during COVID-19
Social Media Resources
NOTE: Resources compiled from Golden Mayor Weinberg & City of Golden, State Senator for Golden Tammy Story, JeffCo Public Health, CDC, CDPHE, CO Rep. Perlmutter’s and Senator Bennet’s offices, JeffCo Public Schools, JeffCo Commissioner Lesley Dahlkemper, and other sources. Please reach out via email with any resources that may be beneficial to add to this page!