- June 30 – Golden City Council holds Emergency Meeting. Actions taken include closing Clear Creek banks/access in City limits until further notice (to be reviewed July 9); Authorizing City Manager to require masks in all City-owned and right-of-way public spaces (parks, sidewalks, etc); and announcing intent to have Emergency Ordinance for citywide mask requirements for all in essential businesses and outside when unable to maintain 6-foot social distancing. Mask Ordinance 1st/2nd reading July 8th/9th.
- June 30 – Gov Polis announces closing of bars again for inside service, partially in response to increasing infections and outbreaks in other states. He also announces criteria for counties and regions to apply for Level 3 of re-opening: Protect Our Neighbors. Regions must demonstrate low transmission, hospital availability and appropriate testing resources.
- June 4 – Gov Polis announces Safer-at-Home in the Vast, Great Outdoors. Includes opening for additional outdoor recreation, also gyms, houses of worship, etc.
- May 28 – Golden City Council passes Resolution 2732 allowing the City Manager to expand outdoor seating/displays along sidewalks, streets and alleys in Golden to improve public health and support businesses.
- May 27 – Gov Polis allows restaurants to re-open inside to 50% capacity.
- JeffCo Safer-at-Home FAQ
- May 9 – Jefferson County joins Safer-at-Home (masks when outside of home, some non-essential businesses now open, continue recreating within 10 miles or county limits, at-risk people remain “stay-at-home”).
- May 6 – City of Golden supports private business requiring masks inside stores. (signs available for businesses to use)
- May 5 – JeffCo & Denver to start “Safer-at-Home” May 9th.
- April 27 – Gov Polis powerpoint slides describe the Why? How? What? of “Safer-at-Home.” Here’s Official State Order 44.
- April 24 – Stay-at-home extended thru May 8 for JeffCo & Denver. Non-critical biz can provide curbside service Mon Apr 27.
- April 20 – Stay-at-home ends April 26, Safer-at-home starts 27th
- April 15 – IRS extends tax deadline from April 15 to July 15.
- April 9 – City of Golden closes Clear Creek for waterway activities.
- April 6 – Gov extends Stay-at-Home to April 26th.
- April 4 – CDC releases guidance on making & wearing masks.
- April 3 – Gov urges “strong mask culture” when outside of home.
- April 3 – Denver schools remote learning through end of school year.
- April 1 – No fools, statewide schools remote learning extended to 4/30.
- March 31 – JeffCo County & Golden Stage 1 Fire Ban announced.
- March 25 – Statewide Stay-at-Home order for 3/26 – 4/ 11 (Public Health Order 20-24). Read Gov Polis Do’s and Don’ts List (Instagram).
- March 25 – JeffCo Public Health Stay-at-Home order (rescinded)
- March 22 – reduced: Non-critical in-person work force by 50%
- March 20: Restaurants can sell beer/alcohol to go or delivery
- March 19 – Closed: salons, massage, tattoo & elective surgeries thru 4/30
- March 18 – Closed: ALL Colorado schools thru 4/17, NO groups >10
- March 16 – Closed: Bars, restaurants, theaters, gyms, casinos.
- March 14 – Closed: Ski resorts.
- March 5 – First two COVID-19 illnesses reported in Colorado.
- Declaration history: Governor Polis declares State of Emergency March 10th, 2020 due to COVID-19; National Emergency declared March 13th, City of Golden Emergency Declaration March 18th. Stay informed & healthy!
Need Medical Help?
Primary symptoms COVID-19 (per CDC): Fever (may be mild), Cough, Shortness of Breath. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Additional symptoms:
- Chills & Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
When to call 911? (Read if you feel unwell or believe you have COVID-19). If non-urgent, consider calling/emailing CDPHE before visiting a health center. For general questions Call: 303.389.1687 or 877.462.2911 (English/Spanish). Email: COHELP@RMPDC.org.
Isolation & Quarantine (CDPHE): What they mean & how to do it.
CDC Guidance on making and wearing masks
Need Food, Job or Other Assistance?
- FOOD: Find yourself in need of food assistance in Golden? (BGoldN initiative). Please email BGoldNcity@gmail.com or call 720-432-5048 with your name, phone number and address.
- FOOD: JeffCo Public Schools “Grab N Go” meal program
- FOOD: Chalkbeat Google Maps version of Greater Denver school meal locations (chalkbeat.org)
- FOOD: Golden Area food resources (PDF, City of Golden)
- FOOD: Golden Backpack Program (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Christian Action Guild Food Pantry (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Calvary Church Food Shelf (Local Golden Resource)
- FOOD: Hunger Free Colorado Food Hotline (call 855-855-4626)
- FOOD: Colorado School Emergency Food resources (CO Dept Education)
- Jobs: Lost your job? (new State of Colorado website as of April 15)
- Rent: If you need help, a new April list of rent resources (Denverite)
- Loan: GURA small business loan application (City of Golden)
- Loans/Grants: list of dozens of programs for business (State of CO)
- Older adults: Resources & Mental Health Support (DRCOG)
- Child Care – Emergency Assistance (CO state collaborative)
- Energy Bills payment assistance (Xcel Energy)
- Bar & Restaurant worker support (USBG Foundation)
- How to File for Unemployment (CO Dept of Labor)
- JeffCo Public Health Resource links (employment, food, housing & more!)
- Stay-at-Home resources (State of Colorado)
- CDPHE Resources (CO Dept of Public Health and Environment)
- Colorado Case count – (CDPHE, list and map)
- Face Masks? Why and how to wear….
- Stay-at-home order: Which Businesses are open/closed? (CO)
- How to get Tested for COVID-19 (CDPHE)
- CDC Guidance for Households (Centers for Disease Control)
- How to Prepare yourself for Coronavirus (nytimes.com)
- Common Coronavirus Myths & What is Social Distancing? (nytimes.com)
- Information for Travelers (US State Dept)
- Jefferson County Public Health Resources (includes an FAQ at bottom)
- CDC Guidances on Public Events & Gatherings (stay-at-home issued 3/26)
- City Of Golden official COVID-19 Updates (Includes City-related closures and important updates on City services, restaurants open for Takeout)
- Golden Police Department: Report Non-Emergency Situations. (Always call 9-1-1 for all emergencies)
- Colorado Sun COVID up-to-date coverage (CO sun is a local news org)
- COVID-19 Disease Fact Sheet: City of Golden / JeffCo Public health
- JeffCo Public Schools: Latest Announcements
- Golden Community Center Statement (PDF, March 11th)
- JeffCo Health Partner & Business Resource links (JeffCo)
- COVID-19 FAQ (Colorado Public Radio News)
- New York Times Coronavirus coverage (Free access)
- U.S. infections & Map (CDC)
- Colorado Cases Infection Update (document from CDPHE)
- JeffCo School Closings and updates (Rep. Perlmutter’s office)
- U.S. State Dept Travel Advisory update
Ways to Help & Stay Healthy
- Golden’s COVID-19 Community Response Fund (hosted by Golden Civic Foundation – donate, volunteer, apply for a grant)
- Golden Restaurants Takeout Takeover (visitgolden.com)
- Manage Anxiety and Isolation during Stay-at-Home (ADAA)
- How to wash your hands video (nytimes.com) *Bonus: Ellen Degeneres demonstrates hand washing based on W.H.O. hand hygiene guide (pdf)
- State Volunteer Response (Official State of Colorado Page)
- Golden Backpack Program Food Drive (with Calvary Church)
- Colorado School Emergency Food resources (State Dept of Education)
- Small Business Administration low-interest pandemic loan assistance
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health – Stress & anxiety are normal, it’s okay to reach out for assistance.
- Senior Resource Center (SRC)
- Donate Blood (Vitalant reports significant shortages)
- Mental Health Colorado – Statement on staying healthy during COVID-19
Social Media Resources
NOTE: Resources compiled from Golden Mayor Weinberg & City of Golden, State Senator for Golden Tammy Story, JeffCo Public Health, CDC, CDPHE, CO Rep. Perlmutter’s and Senator Bennet’s offices, JeffCo Public Schools, JeffCo Commissioner Lesley Dahlkemper, and other sources. Please reach out via email with resources relevant to Golden!