I am pleased to announce my candidacy for Golden City Council Ward 4. A special Mail Ballot election has been called for April 28th, 2020 as Mayor Laura Weinberg assumes her duties and vacates the Ward 4 seat.
After a year engaging residents during the recent Golden Mayoral race, it is clear there are a number of pressing issues facing us in Golden. It is time for vision, advocacy, leadership and representation in our city governance.
For many of us Golden remains a unique, safe and vibrant hometown to live and raise our families. And yet we are in a time of increasing flux and pressure on the unique, historic and vibrant character of our home.
The next several years will prove pivotal in directing and managing growth, development and crowding consistent with our small-town values.
I believe my unique experience, positive vision and independent voice will again benefit residents in Ward 4 and across Golden – and I am ready to hit the ground running on day one in office.
Integrity, passion and performance are hallmarks of my previous service that I will bring to City Hall. In the coming weeks I’ll share more about key areas we can focus on to best preserve and improve our community.
What are neighbors concerned about?
- Controlling Growth.
- Safety & Livability.
- Traffic and calming Highways 93 / 58.
- Historic Character & Charm.
- City and Council Communication and Responsiveness.
- Local Schools.
- School of Mines.
- Coors Property (Purchased by the City) and Heart of Golden 2020 project.
- Community Health: COVID-19, Vaping, Smoking, Radon Mitigation, Rocky Flats, pollution
- And… impacts from outside including JeffCo, highway commuters, tourism and Clear Creek protection, air pollution, and more.
Most importantly: What is on your mind? I look forward to learning more about your thoughts regarding Golden and how we can move forward and work together – and I ask for your support to keep Golden Golden!
—William “BilFish” Fisher, Golden Ward 4